Washington Building 2
Richmond, VA (circa 1924)
Built in 1924 as the “State Office Building”, the Washington Building has been used continuously as office space for various Commonwealth of Virginia agencies. The building anchors the southeast corner of Richmond’s Capital Square. McPherson Design Group provided structural engineering services for the renovation of this eleven-story office building, which included tenant fit-up services, core building improvements, as well as new HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, electrical, communication and security systems. This was an $18 million renovation.